Thursday, December 21, 2006

My Soul on a Platter

It has been a while since I wrote something so deep within me. It has been so long since I have poured my soul into anything. I feel as though I am living two lives and working my butt off only to find disappointment waiting for me at the end of the day. So, here it is. All of me - as of right now.

My life is complicated. It always has been. In every area I have had to work so hard to succeed. I hate halfway doing things. I like order. I like having a plan. My room is full of clean lines and symmetry. I clean when I get angry. I cry a lot. I hate it when plans fall through. I like people to encourage me. I need it. I absolutely cannot be shallow (believe me I have tried). My self confidence wavers often. I start new journals (and blogs) when I don't like what I have written. I would rather pretend something didn't happen rather than deal with it. I start over often...if you haven't noticed. I am not carefree. I have always been a worrier. I care about people. I have very few close friends that I would tell anything and everything to. I hate leftovers (never as good as the first time). I suck at managing time and money. I dream of getting married someday. I want kids. I love God. I love to worship. I procrastinate most things. I sleep to little. I am unsure of myself. I say dumb things when I am nervous. I could go on for hours.

I am stretched to my limit right now. I am almost to a breaking point. I am reading a book right now about thinking right thoughts and being positive, but frankly, I don't feel like suppressing my emotions right now. I feel like crap currently and I am writing about it. There are so many things I cannot understand. The more I go toward one goal - the more I walk away from a dream. Why can't my goals and dreams work together? Why does it seem like no one else deals with as much frustration as I do?

I want so many things. They seem unreachable. I want to be in love again. It seems impossible. I want to look in the mirror and see what God sees. I want to know my worth. I want others to value me. I want to speak my mind to someone, but I am afraid to get my heart broken. I want to go back in time and change a few things. I want something that seems impossible. I want God to come through with his promises for me. I want to be comfortable in my skin - confident. I want to be beautiful. I want my sadness to dry up and be replaced with overwhelming joy and satisfaction. I want to be stronger.

I feel empty. I am running in circles. God, rescue me and show me you haven't walked away from me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I am reading a book right now about thinking right thoughts and being positive, but frankly, I don't feel like suppressing my emotions right now. I feel like crap currently and I am writing about it."

friend, I'm not sure you realize fully the wisdom of that statement. I remember thousands of YG sermons telling us not to "live by our emotions," and I remember them making me always feel guilty for being sad or pissed off or just feeling like crap. but feeling like crap sometimes is what makes us real people, and writing about that makes you free.

from your old friend, Sean.