Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Insignificant.

Routine. Mundane. Insignificant. This is how I feel right now. I feel as though all originality has escaped me. Like I do the same thing every day. I am confined to a schedule with no room to be carefree.

It is past my delightful Christian college curfew, and I am going crazy inside. I need to go roll around in the snow or something. Do a craft project. Build something so I feel useful. Is it just me or do other people feel like this too?

What is it that makes life feel like it is in a box? Is my life really in a box? Is there room for significance and change? I suppose so, but right now the next two and a half years of my life are planned. There is no light at the end because the end is miles away. Why do I feel like stability is what I need, and at the same time wish I could drop everything and discover the world - a life without walls - a life free to change with the wind? There seems to be a protocol for success. Go to college. Make something of yourself. Make money. Then, Shabam! You are a success.

Despite my cynicism I really do enjoy college. I just get sick of the routine sometimes. I am tired of feeling insignificant. I hate waiting for big things to happen. I know God is still working on me, and I just need to hang on.

That is all for now.

No comments: