Sunday, February 18, 2007

Serving.

There is a Zig Ziglar quote that has been on my mind lately. It goes a little something like this...

“You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want”

Wow. Serving is such a huge deal! I was listening to John Maxwell speak yeaterday and he talked a lot about different encouragers in the Bible, and what they would say if they could run one lap of life with you. He talked about Rebecca, and how she not only provided water for one of Abraham's servants, but also for his ten camels. That is a lot of water! Anyway, the point was that serving others "generously" should be our goal. I like how this quote matches up with what John Maxwell was saying.

So many times in life I think about me first. I am learning more and more that this world has nothing to do with me. I am only here to worship my Creator, share his name, and serve others. Service is the very essence of Jesus. He never did anything for himself. He always looked out for people. I desire to be this way. I desire to go out of my way, uncomfortable as it may be, for others. If I help others get what they want out of life (keeping in mind that it lines up ethically) I will be blessed in return.

Just something to think about. Go out of your way for someone today. Open a door. Smile at them. Encourage them. That's all.

No comments: