Wednesday, March 14, 2007

a familiar psalm...

Investigate my life, O God, find out everything about me; Cross-examine and test me, get a clear picture of what I'm about; See for yourself whether I've done anything wrong— then guide me on the road to eternal life (Psalm 139:23-24, The Message).

"Investigate my life." This is a bold request. I think a lot of Christians pray this, but how many actually mean it? This investigation could yield results that quite frankly do not line up with what we think we should be doing in life. It is like saying, "God, break me, but don't make it painful." It just doesn't work that way.

Psalm 139 encourages me so much because it reminds me that God knew everything about me before I was born. Every physical feature, emotion, weakness, career, family...the list just goes on and on. Also, it reminds me that God is bigger than my mind can comprehend. He investigates me. He has my case file on his desk. He knows my outcome. It is amazing to me that my life is not free-floating around where "just anyone" could dictate it. God knows. He created me.

I encourage you to ask God to investigate your life. When you do make sure you're prepared for the ugly. Be ready for him to do as you ask. See what is in there that he needs to break. I'm going through it.

I have had so much on my mind lately. God is teaching me a lot about myself. I'll have more soon. Leave comments if you'd like. I love feedback.

No comments: