Friday, September 22, 2006

thoughts the dark will plunder

I twist and I turn
I pace back and forth
These thoughts engulf me
Til I drown and go under
My lungs burn
This dreary course
It finds me
My thoughts, the dark will plunder.

I struggle with memories
Memories that blind my eyes
They churn in my gut
Like poison they lie to me
What a marvelous atrocity
My heart is tempted to die
I keep my eyes shut
For the grim reality I don't want to see.

A life without you
Seems hopeless and lonely
All I can do is pray for the best
Impatiently I wait
Someone other than you
I laugh, and I'm knowing
That you were the test
The fight, the pain to take.

Oh, Give me a reason
Just one for round two
A memory that strikes a chord
That rings in your ears
Prove separation a season
Fall, and winter too
Come back for more
Wipe from my eyes these tears.

No comments: