Monday, December 04, 2006

Change

Do you ever look back on your life and think, "How did I get here?" I am not talking about how I came to be a as a physical person - like being born. I am talking about waking up in a life I hadn't planned on. This is not a bad thing. It is just different.

I thought about this today. You see, I am currently attending Oral Roberts University. If you were to ask anyone I went to high school with if I would move away for college they probably would have laughed in your face. I was the girl in high school with a steady boyfriend. He was captain of the football team. I was captain of the cheerleading squad. We were high school sweethearts and dated beyond graduation. I had my life planned around marrying him. I seriously thought I would. I was happy with my plan. You know what though? God had a different plan for my life.

And, another thing...I have wanted to be a nurse my entire life. I was on a waiting list in Colorado for two years before I got accepted anywhere. I finally got accepted to a school in Denver, but chose to drop everything to go to ORU.

Now, I am sitting in my dorm room at a ridiculous hour writing about where I came from, and where I am now. I am amazed by God's movement in my life. No, it hasn't been an easy road. Yes, I am uncomfortable with all this change about 95% of the time. And, yes. I have joy. I am not happy all the time, but I have joy. I choose every day to keep walking this walk. I don't know where I am walking to, or who I will encounter in my life. My career path is the same, but where will I be used? There is a vast world out there that I have yet to impact.

So much has changed in me. I say it so much. I am not the same person I once was.

No comments: