Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Awkward Turtle

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And it goes a little something like this...

"Eh...ha ha...oh....hmmm...heh...yeah...so........anyway..."

awk·ward [ áwkwərd ]
adjective

Definition:

1. embarrassing: embarrassing and requiring great tact or skill to

2. difficult or uncomfortable to use: difficult to use because requiring the body to be moved into an uncomfortable position

3. performed gracelessly: performed in a way that lacks grace and looks uncomfortable

4. without graceful coordination: lacking physical coordination and grace

5. shyly uncomfortable: shy, uncomfortable
(www.encarta.com)

Ladies and Gentlemen,

It is time we bust out our friend Mr. Awkward Turtle. Mr. Awkward Turtle comes out when a person suffers from "foot-in-mouth" syndrome, or just does something stupid. Foot-in-mouth syndrome is very common. It is especially common in my life. I admit I am not a very shallow person, and that is a good thing. However, being a person interested in "really" getting to know people makes small talk very awkward. I can think of numerous occasions where I have been awkward. I am learning to laugh at myself. I have been practicing a lot lately.

I wanted to talk about awkward moments because they are so funny to me. I asked a few girls on my hall to tell me what some of their awkward moments were. Here are a few for your enjoyment.

"So, I was walking to class one day and I saw one of my guy friends. He went to hug me, and must have been in a really friendly mood. He picked me up and spun me around. Our belts clashed together. I laughed it off and walked to class..."

"I was walking back from a babysitting job. It had snowed very heavily and I slipped on the ice. Instead of just gathering my things and getting up quietly, I yelled out, "I HATE ICE!" Right then, a few guys walked by me and gave me weird looks..."

"I had a crush on this guy. I went to watch him play football one day. He jumped up to catch the ball and scored. After the game we were walking together. I couldn't think of what to say because I was nervous. I looked at him and said, "You played awesome and you jump really high!"...he said, "really?" and then kept walking in silence for a minute..."YOU JUMP REALLY HIGH? WHO SAYS THAT?...awkward..."

"I always feel awkward when I am hanging out with couples. It is weird to be the single one. The worst is when a couple is fighting right in front of you..."

"I was meeting the parents of a girl on my hall. I had been eating salted peanuts. The dad went to shake my hand and I said, "Sorry. I got nut salt on my hand."...I was so embarrassed!"

"I was was hanging out at a pool hall where my friend's band was playing. I leaned over on the pool table in the back to watch the band. My friend came to stand beside me and he put his hand on my shoulder. He went to move his hand and "accidentally" touched my butt."...it was so awkward..."

Well, these are only a few. Please comment this blog with your most awkward moment! You don't have to sign your name to anything. I'll post Part 2 in a few days.

Love Love!
Am

No comments: