Monday, January 08, 2007

don't love your broken pieces...

Don't love your broken pieces.
Don't hang on to every one.
For love may be what's broken,
But old pieces must be gone.

If you give in you will give up.
If you reverse, turn back, or run.
You'll wind up like your pieces, broken
Your love, whole, nevermore.

Don't love that shattered memory.
Don't waste away like time.
For memories wither too, you see,
Let good ones change your mind.

If you look ahead you'll move ahead.
Not left or right, but up
You'll wind up something you always dreamed of
In love, whole, forevermore.

I don't know if you are like me, but I love my broken pieces way too much! When something hurts me, or my day goes wrong, I pull out my broken pieces and chew on them for a while. I remember all the things that make me unhappy. I talk about them with others as if they are still part of my life. Oh, those pieces will getcha! They sting. They numb. They make every part of you ache. But, you know what? We cannot love our pieces. We cannot sit in limbo forever and expect a good result.

I cannot tell you enough how much I take one step forward and two steps back. My pieces make me do that. Just a few thoughts on this late night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.