Friday, May 02, 2008

i am...

... officially exhausted.

Today was "the great dorm move-out." 

The past two days I have discovered that I have WAY too much stuff! Call me a pack-rat, but I hold on to things. While moving today I found cards, notes, bank statements, my college acceptance letter, and more. I am the sentimental type. I am also the type to try and learn something from everything. Today, I realized how much I hold on to, and also, how much I have let go of.

I, as of Thursday, have completed my junior year of nursing school. I cannot express the amount of accomplishment I feel. This year has, by far, been the hardest of them all - nursing and the rest of my life. My nursing class lost about fifteen people due to failure to make adequate test grades. My emotions have been a roller coaster ride. My heart has sustained break, re-break, disappointment, joy, and now contentment. Sometimes I still freak out a little. Growing up is never easy. Independence can be a lonely road. I know this full well. I have let go of a lot to pursue this nursing shindig. I left home, friends, people I care about - all to follow this dream of mine. I believe it's going to be worth it. 

I seem to keep getting reminders that God has me in His hands. I need not worry about anything. I am ready for this summer. I believe it is going to be another season of change for me. However, this time - this summer - is going to be different. I am passionate about pouring my heart into worship again. I believe God is going to pull some things out of me through it. I am excited to see growth in my walk with God, and in myself. I am ready to grow up a little more. No more messing around.

With that said, I'm going to go to bed now. 

No comments: